Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Free For All

This is a free journal entry so here is a poem I wrote:


go on girl
make up your mind
i say to myself as i walk alongside 
 the red grey and black rigid flats of his soul
of his nikes
he thinks just like me
using eye contact
as an invitation and
a weapon in the same
sort of, tact
not a scare tactic but
the one that you use
to fuse two
minds into one
he tells me he loves--
but not what he wants from me
silly little mind trippin
dickin a-round
so I’m losing that safe, trusted feeling i found
until he reaches for me
catches me when i slip
and almost eat shit
on the ground
and just like he caught me
i’m caught
in this mixed bag
this miss til you hit
quick time emotional fix
trick of the brave 
lag
lagging in truth, in remembrance
lacking faith in the other person
and all this
because in drunks we trust?
blocking thine eyes
from peering into my own self-conscious
in order to stare deep into his 
is like the ultimate 
test of mental endurance.
he stood hard thick and tall
as a looming brick wall
but giving as a pile of sand
while my mouth ran after my words
that escaped without me noticing
beating his self worth into oblivion
until rising from the ashes
he gracefully saves his dignity
from the bottle it drowned in and tells me
that next time will be different
because I deserve everything
a sober moment
a kiss that will be 
the beginning of the end to justify all means
so i’ll go on
try to make up my mind
as our friendship walks
and our romance follows
one Nike, two Nike
3 steps behind

No comments:

Post a Comment