Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Missing Object

An object that I use extensively every day is my cell phone. I am constantly checking my phone for texts or missed calls, it is my main means of communication and I almost always have it on me. The first time I got a cell phone was in fourth grade, which now reflecting on it seems extremely early. Since I always had a ton of after school activities my mom bought me a phone so I would always be able to contact her. So since I was about 9 years old I have been able to call anyone in my phone and text at the speed of light. A cell phone has enabled me to always stay connected with the people who are important to me in my life as well as be bothered by all the responsibilities that come with being so easily accessible to anyone. I could be anywhere, doing anything and need to respond to my mother's pestering text messages or else I will get in trouble. Since I have a phone and everyone has my number, it is suddenly rude not to answer someone or call them back. If I did not have a phone, it would be much harder to contact  people but I would also have more time to myself to do what I wanted. I wouldn't be able to dwell on past conversations like I currently can by looking at text message log, or constantly wonder how long it will take for someone to call me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment