Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Future of Art & Life

I'm going to start by saying that I am extremely excited for this class. Kip has a really strong personality which is a great quality to have in a teacher, especially an art teacher. I have been missing quality art classes since I took them in high school and now that I am officially into the major I can finally start to take classes that interest me. The first lecture really had me thinking about our nation's history with icons and graphics, which is what I want to learn about to work in advertising/marketing. 
My main concern for this class is that I will never think my ideas are clever enough. I walked out of lecture yesterday thinking about what pun I should use for the first project, and I was literally thinking about it until the early hours of the morning. Every two part word I was trying to make into a project in my head. I think that this class along with my other classes will provide me with more new concepts to think about than I can run through my head in one day. I feel like my day dreaming which normally is spent on T-shirt designs and useless information like boys and partying will be spent on the concepts and projects in this class. I am afraid of my upcoming thought commitment to this class but also excited that I will have creative direction instead of making artistic problems for myself that need solving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment