Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Favorite Place

My favorite place in the whole world is where I went to camp from age 8-13: Hidden Valley Camp. We called it HVC and it is a month long sleep away camp in Freedom, Maine. My best, most care free summers were spent basking in the east coast sun with all my friends. The food there was all organic and gourmet and we were not allowed to eat candy or junkfood at all except the Candy Drop(mentioned below) and Junk Food Day. The entire property was always lush with trees, plants and animals. The owners of the camp are friendly hippies who just want everyone to have the best time possible. It is my favorite place and I miss it every summer. 



This was my bunk my last year. 

Every session a plane flies overhead and drops candy from the sky called the Candy Drop. No one knows what day it will come, it is all based on rumors so campers have to be prepared with pillowcases just in case. 

a view of some of the cabins

The barn. HVC loves llamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment