Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chapter 5 & 6

I really liked the idea of chapter 5, can you portray a feeling that is supposed to be felt with the 5 senses with just one? Can a picture really represent an emotion? The type of lines and the context they are in can turn an abstract image into a symbol. Understanding comics is extremely interesting in this way because these supposed symbols can evoke responses and feelings in people depending on where they are placed on the page.It's true, certain symbols like an invisible fragrance and smoke look the same, but you would figure that trash would smell, not smoke and that a pipe would smoke, not let off a fragrance. I have always thought about bees in Winnie the Pooh and their flight trail, which can obviously not be seen in real life but is put in the cartoon to show the flight pattern from the flower to in front of Pooh. Cartoon visuals will always have a special place in my heart since I have been watching cartoons as of age...3? Wow that's early, but I absolutely love animation. Rugrats, Hey Arnold, I was a real cartoon junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment