Sunday, April 3, 2011

Preliminary Thinking

Begin preliminary thinking about all upcoming assignments:
 a. Confessions- I think I want to confess something about my fear of being vulnerable with someone else. I have never felt seriously about someone enough to let myself be in a position to get hurt by them, and I think it is my greatest weakness. I am usually proud of every bit of myself. I am loud, gregarious, and completely embrace the eccentricity that comes from within. I believe that if someone does not like the real me, than they are no longer worth my time. So when it comes to being vulnerable, I would really rather just be independent and not let myself be put in a position to get hurt. The thing about that is that if I continue to set myself apart from those who could tear down my independence for the better, than I am most likely missing the best parts of relationships. 
 b. Sequence and narratives- I really like the idea of the comic. I think that it is an incredibly interesting way to tell a narrative and I would like to do a project that takes the concept of a graphic narrative and changes it in some way. I currently work with Adobe Illustrator and am very interested in doing a narrative through that medium. 
 c. alternate persona- I have never really thought about an alternate version of myself. I generally try to work on the real me instead of imagining another version of myself, but I do dream of what would have come of me following my desire to dance. If I had gone to a school with an intensive dance program I could have become a professional and dance choreographer(in this alternate reality). My life would have consisted of traveling all over the world to teach dance workshops and work with some of the most gifted people in the business. This is my alternate persona. 
d. personal space- The concept of personal space is a funny one. Everyone has different personal bubbles which can easily be disrupted. I think I would want to find a way to physically represent personal space without it being a bubble, which is how the concept is usually depicted. I want to talk to a bunch of people who are close to me and find out what they have to say abut the matter to give me some perspective. I am alright being physically close to people, but a lot of people have issues with being touched by others. I would like to work with the concept of differences in personal space between different types of people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment