Thursday, April 7, 2011

Duchamp's Objects

These sunglasses normally serve their purpose to block my eyes from UV rays while I look fashionable. Today however, they are a work of art. The reflection in the lenses allows me to take pictures from any angle I want and have a different image each time. The rounded image produced on the lenses can be manipulated depending on my stance and therefore this picture is not just of an object, but rather an art piece that looks just like I intended it to. 

This is a leather sandal. The work put into walking on this sandal shows by the indentation of my own feet into the leather, so this sandal is particular to my foot. If someone else were to put it on, they would know right away that this did not fit into their foot, so in this way this sandal is my work of art. I have unknowingly put hours of time into shaping and changing the being of this sandal and it is now particular to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment