Friday, April 22, 2011

Confessions

A strong piece:
I thought a really strong piece was the play admitting "this is starting to become a problem..." talking about alcoholism running in the family. Max performed his confession in acts, and a spot light like you would see in a play. He started with himself in a monologue when he was 14, trying to help his drunk mother. It was obvious that he was young and scared. His second act was his friend trying to help him as an 18 year old. His confession was that his mother had passed on his alcoholism to him, and now he has to deal with it for the rest of his life. The spotlight on him, the conviction of his performance, and the organization of his piece made this confession very successful.

A weaker piece:
I thought a less successful piece was the piece which organized the process of an addiction. I thought the piece had a lot of heart and was very well thought out, but I wanted to be guessing more. One of the elements of the confession I liked the most was guessing what the confession was, and this one was just laid out for me. While I really liked the confession I wish there was a little more mystery to it, which is why I am saying it is a weaker piece. Honestly, I did not think any of the pieces I saw the second crit day were weak. I thought they were all amazing and took a lot of courage to admit. I only said this was the weaker piece because it was laid for us point blank. I liked the way it was organized like an office based project, event though it was far from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment