Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Story time

So I just spent 3 days at Coachella and it was by far the most fun I have ever had. For this post I will share bands that I fell in love with there:

Wiz Khalifa-

Wiz was really amazing. Many rap and hip hop performers do not sound great live, but he had a great voice and a stage presence that blew me away. I was about 25 yards from Wiz and he interacted a lot with the audience. While I had listened to his music before, but as I saw him live I actually felt like I understood his lyrics, as cheesy as  that sounds. A lot of his songs are heartfelt and you can tell he writes his own music.


Mumford & Sons-


I had never heard of this band except their one song Little Lion Man. They reminded me how much I love to watch live performances. They all played in harmony, with true intimacy that only a family could have. The main singer has a beautiful, deep voice that resonated throughout the giant outdoor stadium and all of their lyrics really spoke to raw human emotions:

Chorus of Little Lion Man:

But it was not your fault but mine
And it was your heart on the line
I really fucked it up this time
Didn't I, my dear?
Didn't I, my...


Chorus of Awake my Soul:
In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
Where you invest your love, you invest your life
In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
Where you invest your love, you invest your life

No comments:

Post a Comment