Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Confession

This is a recreation of my original performance. My confession s that I have been a dancer for my entire life, classically and professionally trained. I have always gone to dance in class and that is how I have learned. I have never really liked techno, I actually used to hate it before I got into it at UCSB, hearing it at every event, every party, every time I was at the beach. My first rave was EDC, where I saw people shuffling and was instantly intrigued. I wanted to do it so much, and I could not for the life of me figure out the steps. So what's my confession? I want to conquer shuffling, I want to master this dance style. I think it is so fun, and completely relevant to this time in music. I see people who are amazing at it and I want to be better. So my confession is that I have danced many different styles but I really want to be the best at shuffling.

1 comment:

  1. I find myself coming back to this video and jamming out with you from my computer chair. For the final disk you turn in to class, I hope you can record a higher quality video - set up a space in the projector room with like a dance floor projection shooting on you maybe and then insert the raw audio in it's own track. I can coordinate on whatever day and let you in...

    ReplyDelete