Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Work Reflections

Strong work: A strong work I thought was Andrea's dinner table piece. In this confession a salad with a cut, heart shaped bell pepper in it, sand. two candles, water in a wine glass and a set of silverware wrapped in her confession. The confession was so successful because while the dinner for one looked so personal and intentionally placed. The confession was read with struggle and conviction. I believed every word she read and every word broke my heart. A lot was revealed from the confession, about her father's heart condition as well as their relationship. She literally put her own heart on the table, which is an idea the audience can identify with. I thought at first she would not be able to handle reading it, but she did an amazing job saying every line of the confession that she had never said out loud before. Her fear of not being able to mend her relationship with him before his time ran out was conquered by her courage to read her confession out loud.

Weaker work: I honestly liked every confession because I know that mostly they came from the heart. The one confession I thought was a little weaker was the poster board about singing in the car. The reason I do not think this was that strong of a piece is because I could not quite understand what the exact confession was due to all the different topics presented on the board. It seemed that the confession was a spattering of random troubles with one solution, but the placement of all the different topics did not actually relate to the narrative being shown too well. I actually liked that it was a poster because it reminded me of grade school, but the problem was that so did the organization a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment