Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Proud of my Art


This is a dress I made out of Band-aids for my AP Art Portfolio Junior year of high school. My concentration idea was to play with the ideas of childhood and adulthood. Here, I made a dress which is shaped for a woman's body out of a child hood object- colorful Band-aids. This dress costed me $80 to make buying all of the materials. I made the inside of the dress with the Band-aid wrappers and laid down the patterns ahead of time before I stuck them all together. The images on the Band-aids are Spongebob, Dora the Explorer, Scooby-Doo, Nascar, Spider-man and Barbie. This was not only an incredibly fun piece to make, but I think it came out very successfully. When people look at this piece they say, "You made that?", which makes me feel extremely accomplished. Watching my teacher's daughter pose for these photos in the dress I was really proud of my creativity on this piece and the execution of my idea. The color pops, the pattern rivals that of actual stitching, and the photo looks great. I love this piece and I am very proud to say I made it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment