Sunday, April 10, 2011

Confessions

1)
My first confession and the one that I really want to do is admitting that I have always wanted to shuffle. I have been a dancer for almost my entire life- since I was 3. I have done jazz, tap, ballet, modern, hip hop, lyrical, musical theater, on a consistent basis and have tried many more. The one type of dance I truly wish to master is the shuffle. Techno is getting so popular and I see people who are good at this dance and I just wish that I could do it too. I have been practicing in my friend's living room for 4 days now, and I have become obsessive. I will document my progress and choreograph a shuffle routine. My confession? I have an extreme desire to master the shuffle.

2)  Another confession I have is that I would really rather be friends with someone than be romantic with them. Not to say that I am not attracted to people obviously, but more that I'm scared of becoming romantically involved with someone that I am already friends with. Everyone claims that the best relationships come from being friends first, and I do want a relationship at some point, but it seems that I am really good at friendship and I would rather just stick to that. So I really am not sure how to perform this confession, maybe something about all the people in my life that I could see myself with but choose not to pursue and just stay friends with. Because the truth is, I would really rather just be friends.

3) My last possible confession is that I don't let myself be vulnerable. I never usually put myself in the care of others and don't allow myself to be in positions where I need help in any way. I really only depend on myself. Even when I was young I wouldn't let anyone dress me or do my hair I always had to do it myself. While I have gotten better over the years at letting people help me, it is always a struggle to have aid of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment