Monday, May 2, 2011

3 Proposals

Break of Friendship-
  1. I want to tell the personal narrative of how I recently lost a good friend to a communication breakdown. This is not necessarily a permanent loss, but it is the first time I have ever lost a friend this close in this way so I want to share the story. I want to do this in form of spoken word. I think that admitting the story and my feelings about it in this way would best tell the story of two friends who no longer can be together. 
2. Another way this story could be presented is through a comic strip. I think with simple drawing and the story frame by frame, I could show the building of the relationship and the breakdown of it as well. I could use thought bubbles from me and the other friend to show lack of communication in this narrative. The use of dramatic imagery, like the classic comic book ‘POW’ for an emotional blow could also poke fun at the situation like I enjoy doing when I tell any story. 
3. I also could tell the story recorded with my voice on video, substituting certain parts with pictures just like in the documentary about the beauty pageant infiltration. I liked how she substituted video clips to describe her own story and her relationship with her friend. I feel like I could do a similar work, but I really don’t want to copy her. I would make it my own and tell the story of the misunderstanding that ended my friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment