Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Project Progress

I think the hardest thing about this project was having to write the poetry piece about my narrative. For whatever reason, this project is turning out to be more emotionally straining than the confession project. I think this is because this is a story I would like to tell, and is not necessarily a confession. My confession piece was very lighthearted, and in that sense I guess the emotional toll that art takes on the artist was coming to me for this next piece. Finding the right, poetic words to use for this piece is not so much a challenge as many personal choices for the poem. I can always find the right words to say, but this time it was really about choosing which ones fit better for my story. This story is also one that I have been trying to get over, and I guess picking it to present to the class is not the best way to go about it. Honestly though, when the assignment came up I couldn't think of a different story to tell. I needed to tell this one because while my friends have heard it, I haven't really been able to emote it the way I want to. So hopefully I followed the assignment correctly and did the narrative in the style of Beau Sia, or any other spoken word poet. I have always been interested in spoken word and seeing it live was really inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment