Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Free Form 2

As I gain more and more friends and lose some along the way, I wonder if men and woman can be just friends? I know this is the age old question but there is a reason why everyone and their mothers want to know if this feat is possible. I have always had more guy friends than girl friends, and there is always that lurking possibility of romance or sexual tension with all the ones that are mildly attractive, just because our personalities mesh so well. And maybe, just maybe, because guys think with their dicks instead of their heads. Every guy is down to be romantic at any point, so the trick of being a good friend thats a girl is telling when to say no. It only gets complicated when you decide to give in, and at that point its anyone's guess as to what happens with the friendship after. I constantly struggle with wondering if I should be romantic with someone that I really like personally, because if things go sour I lose a friend that I could have had for life. One of my best guy friends told me that if I want a boyfriend I should let more of my guy friends into my romantic life, and I told him that once you let a guy into your romantic circle there is a huge possibility he will lose respect for you and the friendship as well as the romance goes out the window. As I grow older and pretend that I know exactly what I'm doing I guess I will search for the answer to the question, "Should we just be friends?"

No comments:

Post a Comment