Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yummier/Brainsickly


This was an extremely interesting show in the gallery on campus. Many of the artists were TAs of mine in the past and present and looking at their work was inspiring. As I walked into Gallery 479 there was a lot of pieces that used light in ways I had not imagined preciously. The pieces in this gallery I would have loved to have in my home, because they used light reflections and glass to make colors and shapes unattainable through painting or another medium. Royal blue was used throughout the light pieces which gave the whole room a glowing low light. The way the show was set up was honestly a little creepy because all there was to hear was the dull buzzing of the electronics. It got a lighter feel as we entered the next gallery. 





This is the next gallery, where a few of my past and present art TAs had work displayed. This work was a mountain made of many materials that were painted. I liked it because it reminded me of a Hawaiian landscape of sorts. Tons of colorful materials were used so that the large piece had a playful feel to it. 

This bottom piece is a very beautiful..."Hydrodynamic Earth Gravity Liberation Apparatus" done by Rimas Simaitis, my Art 22 TA. Enough said. 


No comments:

Post a Comment