Monday, May 2, 2011

Favorite Artist

Jeff Koons is my favorite artist. I love his bright, big, and bold pieces. His art has a pop like quality to it, emphasizing size and color in new and innovative ways. I really like the way he showcases playful objects as art, and that it is taken seriously in the art world. I enjoy this style because it is fun, unique and colorful. I love to play with color and the way a found object can be transformed, which is why Jeff Koons is my favorite artist. 


I love how he does giant metal pieces that look like balloon animals. It is so creative and to the point. There is nothing pretentious about a giant balloon animal, it is creative fun and plays with bending like much like the bean at millennium park. 


I can't even place why I like this piece so much, but Michael Jackson looking like royalty with a monkey glorifies him while poking fun at him at the same time. This sculpture reminds me of old Europe and the gold leafing that I saw at the Medicci Palace, but it is the pop artist of the 21st century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment